Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My dear Children




For those of you who love and adore my children please do not take this the wrong way, but I think they are trying to get me.




I will go back to Joshua's first day of school. He goes in and is not too happy, so we go to the speech teacher who is calm and soft spoken and great with him. She pulls out a book about crazy dinosaurs and they are on the floor reading it and I am feeling so relieved about sending him to school... Then, his teacher turns the page and asks what the silly dinosaur is drinking and my adorable little 3-year old blond says "Beer like my mommy!!!" Okay, hello WHAT ABOUT DADDY????


So we recover from that.




Alex my intelligent well meaning 6-year old is talking with someone (he isn't quite certain who she was) from the school and she asks "what do you eat and drink?" He proudly tells her "Milk (he gets no dairy), bread, fruit, WINE AND BEER, chicken..." I stop him as he is telling me this and I proclaim, "When did you ever get wine and beer!!!" I didn't ask. He calmly uses his reliable, "Once when I was three.." line on me (this is a standard response). So, I asked him, "did you tell the mystery lady this??" HE says, "No, I forgot." Oh, he forgets to tell her it was once but remembers what happened when he was three.




I look forward to the report on my children at the end of the school year, it should be a wonderful read. Hopefully Samantha doesn't start bringing up things from when she was three.




I am off to cuddle Joshua he doesn't feel well and "Needs me."


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Tyler and Dylan wanted to know if they could come over today to play. They are hoping that you make that "special" drink again. They sure do sleep great after playing at your house!